Commercial Caltex Australia
Bruce Rosengarten has enjoyed a comprehensive background in senior executive management across a variety of industries. He is well regarded as a proven, inspiring leader who works successfully across diverse cultures, and in building great teams and people. He develops and delivers strategy in a customer focused manner through his people, thinks widely and conceptually, always seeking to take the next step and challenge the status quo.
Bruce has held C suite roles at Caltex as EGM Commercial – responsible for all sales, marketing, brand, innovation and business development. Bruce was responsible for the new Caltex retail strategy. His responsibilities at Shell included Global Vice President Retail Marketing responsible for Fuels, Convenience Retail, Payment and Loyalty, Channel Management and Marketing including the Shell Brand covering over 40,000 Shell outlets, across 90 markets. Whilst at Shell he held other senior executive roles – Vice President Retail Asia/Pacific/Middle East, and Managing Director Shell Retail, Oceania, responsible for the total P and L performance in these regions. From August 2002 until January 2008, Bruce and his family lived in Singapore, where he developed a strong knowledge of Asian markets and global business perspectives and understandings. He has also been President Asia Pacific and Emerging markets for Weights Watchers.
Bruce was with Crown Ltd 1996-98 as Executive Director, Table Games and Marketing for the entertainment and casino complex, being responsible for the launch of Crown. Prior to Crown, Bruce was with Coles Myer for 12 years, during which he was Managing Director, World 4 Kids, he also held the role of Regional General Manager Grace Bros. Department Stores, and previous to this, he was General Manager, Myer Adelaide. Bruce’s career started as a graduate with International Harvester Aust Ltd.
A few Bruce’s career highlights include:
- Developed the Caltex new retail strategy – The Foodary
- Successfully rebuilt the governance and performance of major non-profit as its honorary Chair
- Conceived and led the alliance between Coles and Shell, replicating this in NZ and Singapore
- Led the highly successful entry of Shell Retail into Indonesia and India
- Built Shell Asia Pac/ ME Retail into the market leader in preference and profitability
- Major financial turn arounds in Australia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Brazil for Shell Retail
- Conceived and led the global re-launch of the Shell brand
- Negotiated to form a Joint Venture with major Chinese State owned company
- Awarded the first ever CEO Customer prize in Shell
- Led the launch of branded premium fuels, creating a global phenomenon in mass market
- Launched the largest ever Asian marketing campaign by an Australian company when at Crown
- Led the team to win the Best Department Store in the World award in 1991
- Authored first book on leadership – Passionate Leadership
Bruce has also held multiple governance roles as Board member / Chairman roles in a variety of different structures – ASX listed, JVs, company subsidiaries, not for profit and industry associations. Bruce is a published author of his book, Passionate Leadership, and is currently Advisory Board Chair at Binyan 3D Visualisation Studios, and also at a large wealth management organisation.